Thursday, November 6, 2008

I Refuse to Let her Lose her Nap


I pride myself on keeping my kids on schedules. Ever heard of Babywise? It's gospel for us here. Natalie has been on a schedule her whole life...don't get me wrong, I can be flexible....but she is such a happier kid when we stick to schedule. Anyhoo...many people tell me about how their kids dropped their nap at age three. I refuse to let it happen. Don't kids nap in Kindergarten still? I look so forward to one pm.....Brett is already sleeping and Nat goes down. I used to nap too when I was pregnant, but now I love the time to get stuff done (emails, blogs, facebook-real productive I know).

Well, lately Nat has been playing me. She gets into bed, and every twenty minutes or so she has to: pee, poop, get a drink, pick up baby sister who has fallen off bed, hug and kiss me, tellme how much she loves us, etc. She will think of anything. I usually cater to the pee and poop requests.....don't want any accidents. But after a while, I am over it. Well, she is finally at the age where she understands Christmas and Santa Clause. And BINGO....that is the trick. I finally told her that I was going to give Santa a call and let him know she was being naughty.....and she panicked. "mommy, Santa wants to bring me a kitchen for "kissmiss", don't call him." Back to bed, and not a peep! Love it.


The other day we were telling Nat about how Christmas is Jesus' Birthday. We told her that we get together with family and celebrate. She got a real kick out of that. She immediately went to her table and made Jesus a Birthday cake, and then she took the ToyRUs toy catalog and started picking out gifts for Jesus' birthday! And this morning I caught her looking thru the book and singing Happy Birthday to Jesus.



1 comment:

Kristen said...

How CUTE! The Santa thing works for us too. It's like magic!