Saturday, December 6, 2008

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas~



We decorated for the Christmas season this last week. Chad even put lights up on Nat's playhouse.....it looks adorable. She was so proud. She takes her play phone and calls up all of her friends and asks them to come see her lights.


Natalie attempted to help me decorate the tree. She put all of the snowmen in one spot....so cute.


But she was so happy with her job well done!



And then for big news: Baby Brett tried cereal.....and loved it. Our Dr. told us to wait till he was 4 months old, I started Nat at three months and it went well...so I split the difference and Brett is loving it at three and half months old. It took him just a short while and he got the hang of it. Today we added squash! And I could not shovel it in fast enough. He joined the right family as we don't hide our love for good eating!




Full, fat and happy!




I am proud to say I am so close to being done with all of our Christmas shopping! Just three more items....and I will be totally done! It was much much harder this year with two kiddos. Hard to get out there and shop. But Nat loved helping me wrap. She would take each package when I was done wrapping, and would find the perfect spot for it under the tree. And she knows which packages belong to who too. She will take me to the tree and point out presents and tell me who they are for.....and she is correct. She has a crazy good memory!
Thought this was cute: enjoy
1. Wrapping paper or bags?
Paper with huge fancy bows....thanks to my mom for starting that habit. And everyone in the family knows to take their bow and hand it back to me when they open the gift..it's all about recycle/reuse! LOL
2. Real or artificial tree? We have a fake tree, I think we had a fake one as kids due to allergies! But let's admit it...they are just so easy and there is no cleanup!!!
3. When do you put of the tree? Normally, the weekend after Thanksgiving. It takes a whole three days to decorate this house for Christmas....and I gripe about it the whole time. But this was the first year Natalie really appreciated it. She loved all of the fun things we put out.
4. When do you take the tree down? Right after the New Year.
5. Do you like Eggnog? not bad.....but my favorite holiday drink would have to be Sangria!
6 Favorite gift received as a child? My dog Sunshine....I got him when I was really young...white with a red ribbon tied to him....
7. Hardest person to buy for? probably my dad......he has everything, and if he doesn't, he goes out to buy it for himself!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Chad......if all else fails...a Cabella's gift card makes him so so happy.
9. Do you have a nativity? three actually....a big beautiful one, a children's one, and a plastic Veggie Tales one foe the kids to play with!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail....usually a family pic....but I am so not on the ball this year with cards
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? 12. Favorite Christmas movie? the old school Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer movie
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? As soon as possible.....hard to do with kids I have realized
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Sure....but it is my secret
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mom's company potatoes and sweet potato casserole, Aunt Kim's sweet Chex Mix, and all the cookies from the Annual Bellemont Cookie Exchange
16. Lights on the tree? Yes - white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Carol of the Bells 18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? always travelling. We have yet to stay in Flagstaff for a Christmas! This year we will be in Colorado for the weekend before and then Phx for the week 19. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Of course!
20. Angel on the tree top or star? A big stuffed snowman....that is the theme of our tree.
21. Open present on Christmas Eve or morning? Has been Christmas Eve since we were teenagers....we would stay up till like two a.m. This year we will do it Christmas Morning with Nat and Baby Brett once Uncle John gets off work
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? the crowds while shopping....Black Friday went really well for me this year....but I hate the lousy attitudes people get-pushy, pushy and just grouchy! Come on people.....it's Christmas!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Snowmen....one year my mom found like 50 ornaments on sale. They now take up residence on our tree! Nat gets a kick out of it. 24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Didn't we cover this already?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? the Message version of the Bible, and healthy children!!!!










No comments: