Sunday, March 22, 2009

"Dog with a bone"

Ever hear the phrase "dog with a bone?" I often refer to my grandma and mother as a dog with a bone. They get an idea and don't rest until they reach their goal.
I was that dog with a bone yesterday. My mission started at noon when I opened the oven and a screw from the handle flew out at me...and then vanished. I searched and searched and then thought, maybe it fell between the glass and the door. So I took out the screw on the other side to look between the panels.....and that screw flew out at me and the whole door and glass fell off and apart. And the second screw went missing. What the heck??? And this is hapenning while Chad is two hours away and fishing.
I look EVERYWHERE for these two screws. Under everything....the oven, the fridge, everywhere. They are gone. No kidding.
Online it shows me I can order two screws for this oven for $5 plus $7 shipping.....are you kidding me? I figure: Chad built this house...there must be two screws in his garage that will work.
I am on a mission! I try a dozen. And I find two that will work, until I get the correct ones ordered.
By 7pm, the job is done.....yes, 7pm.....that's what two kids will do......stretch your day wayyyyy out.

I was proud of myself.....Chad was ticked......he is sure I stripped the threads....we'll see.
The best part.......I woke up this morning to find Natalie working on her oven. LOL LOL LOL She told us her door is broken and she needs to fix it. LOL LOL This made it all worth it.




All the while, Baby Brett is happy as a clam.....he is sitting up now and it's a whole new world to him.








1 comment:

Kristen said...

Awww, he's sooo cute! And starting to look more and more like Nat.